Crafters often rely on the craft fair as a key source of income, but it can be daunting planning how to display stock for a craft fair. It can be easy to think just putting the crafting creations out on a table is enough, but in this day and age there is so much more competition, a crafter needs to attract a customer from a distance and draw them in and once there not to overwhelm them so that they can choose and buy.
In this episode Sarah discusses designing the craft stand for a craft fair, adding in a few of her own mistakes to help any crafter from avoiding them in the future.
Here’s what you will learn in this episode:
- Taking inspiration from stands that have drawn you in.
- Planning around your creations
- Branding: letting people know who you are
- Enhancing and not distracting from your creations
- Thinking about what needs to not be seen as much as what is seen
- Preparation, using time before the event to practice and get it right
The Professional Crafters Guild
Connect with the PCG on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
What to do next
If you enjoyed this Podcast, it would be great for us if you share this recording using the social media buttons above.
The PCG and the caster would love to hear your feedback, so if you could take a moment to leave us a review and rating on iTunes we would be so grateful and they are such a pleasure for us to read.
And don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, you will then get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.
Leave a Reply